School Mission Statement:
Working together to achieve excellence for all.
We at Cymer Afan Primary School aim to provide, together with parents, governors and the
local and wider community, a quality education so that the whole child is developed and given
opportunities to reach their full potential within a caring, secure and motivating environment.
The staff and governing body of Cymer Afan Primary School have these aims, values and beliefs about the children at school and the environment in which they learn. We will endeavour to sustain them and work towards achieving them.
• We will encourage children to make their best effort in all activities.
• We will seek to provide opportunities for all children to experience the satisfaction of
success from their own achievements.
• To enable the children to become literate and numerate.
• We will maintain high expectations of each child.
• To develop a happy child who is thoughtful and caring towards the needs of others.
• We will endeavour to influence the children to behave with courtesy and respect towards
all staff, children and visitors to school.
• To develop the child’s respect for the environment and all inhabitants of their community.
• To provide a safe, caring and happy environment for the children.
• We will strive to develop and reinforce a positive attitude to school, society and other
Our aim in all these is to elevate the achievements of all children at Cymer Afan Primary School and to allow them to fulfil their potential.